www.flickr.com

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Book 1: pages 1-2 (totemic)


Book 1: pages 1-2 (totemic)
Originally uploaded by etsyjournal.

This is the first spread in Book 1, with artwork by John Wik (totemic on Etsy).

Here is what John has written about his contribution to Book 1:

My image is a visual representation of the proverb:

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

I usually don't incorporate symbols into my work intentionally because I enjoy letting the design flow according to its own natural rhythm, but I wanted to try something new with this project.

I began with four essentially identical faces in each corner of the layout, then determined a few shapes for each individual to be admiring.

From there I embellished around each face/shape and brought the image together. The colored shapes and eyes are made from cut paper which I applied after the image was complete.

* This was very enjoyable project and I look forward to seeing how it evolves!

----------------------
PROJECT STATUS UPDATE:
All four books are with (or on their way to) the second person in line.

No comments: